September 08, 2018
You will be designing a Small Box in Sketchup.
NOTE that this is a DESIGN assignment using Sketchup. You will NOT be actually making this design - unless you decide to make use of these as a part of your personal project.
For this assignment, you will create a 3D plan for a small box. Here are the requirements:
- Make sure you use a metric (mm) template.
- Your box should have a width of 20 cm, length 30cm, and height of 25 cm.
- It must be made out of ‘wood’ (JUST doing a sketch - and not actually building it!) that is 2 cm thick.
- Your box should show the lid hinged on the top.
- Your design needs to include sufficient dimensions to clearly indicate the overall size and individual wood piece dimensions. See example image below!
- Place you NAME (or initials) using the **3D Text Tool# on the FRONT or TOP of the box.
Be sure you are using Sketchup 2017 (or later - NOT Sketchup 8). Both versions may be on your computer - so be careful.
The following video tutorials may be helpful:
Getting started with Sketchup for Wood Working:
Using Sketchup to design a book case: