Cross the Gap Robotics Challenge
Your challenge is to get a ball (Wiffle Ball) across a 40cm gap between benches.
The teams with the most reliable ball transfer wins.
- Your FIRST task is to brainstorm 3 different robot designs to transfer the ball across the gap. EACH person needs to hand-in a brainstorm (sheet of paper) brainstorming BOTH the delivery and the receiving robots.
- Sketch your brainstorms with sufficient detail that Mr. Hogg can understand your idea!
- You will be using Mindstorms EV3, Lego components, as well as cardboard, tape, rubber bands, pipe cleaners, etc.
- You can work with a partner or on your own forming EITHER a receiving or delivery team.
- You will join another team (one doing receiving, one doing delivery) to form a group.
- A gap between two benches of 40 cm will be setup.
- DO NOT LET your robot fall off the bench!
- Your robot MUST start entirely within the back half (away from the gap) of the bench.
- You can only press a button to start your robot.
- The BALL must finish in the BACK half of the bench to be considered transferred successfully.
- Use the Makecode Mindstorms Editor to program your robot.