You have a few choices for the woodworking project:
This project will be an introduction to woodworking which will cover safe and skilled Use of the following Tools:
- Handsaws (including Coping Saw and Mitre Saw)
- Scroll Saw (including inside cuts)
- Drill Press and Cordless Drill
We will also cover the following woodworking skills:
- Measuring Wood
- Types of Wood (Plywood, Pine Boards, Dimensional Lumber, and Dowels)
- Finishing/Sanding and Sandpaper, Files, Rasps
- Possibly Staining/Painting
- Possibly woodburning
Take a look at the descriptions and examples before deciding which one you would like to try.
Your first assignment is to create a Visual Prototype of your project.
Visual Prototype (Project Plan) Requirements:
You can EITHER do your plan in a CAD program like Sketchup or OnShape OR you can do your plan on paper.
Your project plan requires the following:
- Give your project a descriptive title (Project Choice and a description of it - eg. "Music Bookends").
- Must show types of wood (Use the label tool in Sketchup, or simply clearly label on your paper design).
- Must show dimensions (cm).
- Must show 3D aspect of design. You can do this by providing two or more views.